07 September 2009

SummerZoom09: China

Johan (UK)

Photo 1
Before we start the 5 hours drive from Dali to Lijiang (China), the guide, who stayed behind in Dali, instructed the driver (who didn’t speak one word English) that I would tap him two times on his back when I needed a photo stop.

After 15 minutes I tapped my driver for the first time, there were fisherman and there was fantastic light!

As rehearsed he stopped immediately and I took my gear and asked the fisherman if it was OK to take some shots. I took my pictures and experiment with my flashgun to get the colors right.
844326_1

Photo 2
Maasai are “ people of cattle”, their culture is dominated by cattle, as are their social relationships, their ritual and ceremonial life, their symbolism, and even the idioms of their language. Today, Maasai culture, especially in the rural areas, remains remarkably intact. When I was finished with my photo session in the Masaai village in Amboseli, I saw Massaai men gather on a pile of rocks. Two of them made a lovely composition that reminded me of ‘The thinker’ of Rodin. This picture is my favorite shot from that day.

844326_2


www.pixum.co.uk - Get the best from your photos!
Here, you can enter and win!
Photos like professionals: all about EXILIM EX-H10 on www.exilim.co.uk

 
Olark Livehelp